Palomino Real-Lite Truck Camper
Whether you're destination is the woods or lake, the Real-Lite truck campers by Palomino will be the perfect companion. You can choose from the more aerodynamic soft side truck campers that feature a pop-up roof and a low profile, or choose the hard side campers with added standard features for a more at-home feel.
Each Real-Lite is constructed with high density block foam insulation, an Alpha Super Flex membrane roof, and a white or grey hi-gloss exterior fiberglass. Inside, you'll enjoy LED lighting, Congoleum flooring, a Maxx Air vent, and Mortise and Tenon hard wood cabinets. Some commonly ordered options include air conditioning, electric jacks, a 100-watt solar panel, and many more options depending on the model you choose.
The camping lifestyle has never been easier than in a Real-Lite truck camper by Palomino. Choose yours today!
Standard Features (2023)
- LED Interior Lighting
- Vented Battery Box (1 on Soft Sides; 2 on Hard Sides)
- Battery Quick Disconnect
- Exterior Battery Charging Station
- Aluminum Frame
- Ball Bearing Drawer Guides
- Laminated Roof (Hard Side Only)
- Congoleum® Flooring
- Mortise and Tenon Hard Wood Cabinets
- Pocket Screw Lumber Core Cabinet Stiles
- 55" One-Piece Door (Soft Side Only)
- Solar Prep
- Hi Gloss Exterior Fiberglass (Option of White or Grey)
- Electric Roof Lift w/Remote (Soft Sides Only)
- Pre-Wired for Electric Jacks
- 20,000 BTU Furnace (Soft Sides Only)
- 3-Way Refrigerator (Soft Sides Only)
- Black Rieco Titan Convertible Jacks (Electric on MAX)
- Maxx Air Vent
- Frameless Windows (Hard Sides Only; Insulated on MAX)
- On Demand Water Heater (Hard Sides Only)
- Hot & Cold Outside Shower (Hard Sides Only)
- Front Cap w/Line X Windshield (Hard Sides Only)
- 12-Volt Tank Heat Pads (MAX Only)
- TV (Max Only)
- AM/FM CD/DVD Player w/Theater Sound and Exterior Speakers (MAX Only)
- 6 cubic foot 2-Way Refrigerator (MAX Only)
- Heated and Enclosed Basement (MAX Only)
- Integrated Bumper (MAX Only)
- Microwave (MAX Only)
- High Density Block Foam Insulation
- Alpha Super Flex Membrane Roof
- Plywood Substrate
- Decorative Wall Board
- Aluminum Framing - Fully Welded Super Structure (N/A on Soft Sides)
- Heated Insulated Basement (Max Series Only)
- White or Grey Hi Gloss Exterior Fiberglass
Commonly Ordered Options
- Air Conditioning
- Entry Step
- Microwave (Hard Sides Only; N/A 1805)
- Side Awning w/LED Lights (Hard Sides Only)
- Rear Awning (Hard Sides Only; N/A 1805, 1803)
- Solar Panel (100 Watt)
- Electric Jacks
- TV (Hard Side Only)
- Thule Roof Rack (Hard Sides Only; N/A 1806)
- AM/FM/iPod/Bluetooth Stereo (Soft Sides Only)
- Dually Bracket
- Hot Water/Outside Shower (1600, 1604, 1605, 1609 Only)
- Rear Bumper w/LED Lights (1609, 1608, 1610 Only)
- 5' Box Awning (1600, 1604 Only)
- 7' Box Awning (1605, 1609, 1608, 1610 Only)
- Short Bed Package (Soft Sides 1609 Only; Hard Sides N/A 1805, 1803, 1910, 1912)
- Mesa Maple Cabinets (Lighter Wood)
- Greystone Maple Cabinets (Darker Wood)
- Rear Bumper (Hard Sides Only; N/A 1805, 1803)
- Solid Surface Countertops (1806 and MAX Only)
- Theater Seating (1912, 1914 Only)
Optional Badlands Package
- Thule® Roof Rack
- 100 Watt Solar Panel w/ Charge Controller
- Second Battery Tray
Please see us for a complete list of features and available options.
All standard features and specifications are subject to change.
All warranty info is typically reserved for new units and is subject to specific terms and conditions. See us for more details.
Due to Covid19 supply chain issues, some features and options shown may be temporarily substituted or removed.
As demand for the Palomino grew, Mr. Landey felt it would benefit his company, Vanguard Ind., to relocate. With most manufacturers and industry suppliers located in the Elkhart, In. area the move eastward seemed logical. Vanguard Industries settled in the community of Colon in 1972. Once in Colon he began to put his plans in motion. By 1973 he had built the main production facility and within days Palomino tent trailers were rolling out the doors.
In 1976, Vanguard added its own Needle Division, in 1978 its own Metal Fabrication Plant, and has several cold storage facilities. On May 27, 1992, the primary production building and offices were destroyed by fire. By late August, 1992, the first 1993 model Palomino rolled of the line in the new 52,300 sq. ft. facility, which was built on the same site as the previous building had been.
The year 1998 continued to see expansion with the addition of a new 75,000 sq. ft. production facility, and another storage facility. In 2002 Vanguard was purchased by Forest River, Inc. This allowed for rapid growth and the introduction of two new towable lines of travel trailers and fifth wheels, Puma and Sabre by Palomino.