Chinook Summit Motor Home Class B+ - Diesel
The Chinook RV Summit Class B+ diesel motorhomes are uniquely handcrafted with quality and style! These models will take you away from traffic, off the beaten path, to the creek, and through the mountains. Parallel parking on a city street will be a breeze too with their nimbleness and maneuverability!
A Mercedes-Benz Sprinter chassis holds these units together and a 6 cylinder diesel engine powers them. Durable construction includes rolled aluminum wall tubing, a truss-style aluminum roof, plus fiberglass front and rear caps. The interior will have you feeling right at home with Infinity Woven flooring, solid surface countertops, dimmable LED ceiling lights, and many more comforts.
Choose a Summit Class B+ motorhome by Chinook for innovation, luxury, and convenience!
Standard Features (2023)
Standard Build Specs
- Mercedes-Benz Sprinter 6 cyl diesel engine
- 16” Aluminum Wheels, two front & two rear, inner rears steel with valve extenders
- 300 lb. rated folding entry step on rear bumper
- Steel Tubing Floor Frame Substructure, 2" x 4" welded assembly, mounted on rubber isolator pads
- 3/4” w/ Hushmat thermo barrier & moisture barrier on bottom
- Infinity Woven Vinyl single sheet
- Hydraulic over Electric Leveling System; 4-Point Leveling
- Dometic 6 CF black panel dual-swing motion doors, gas/electric refrigerator
- 1.1 CF SS convection microwave
- Single induction cooktop - removable for exterior cooking
- 2 Sofas in living room which make into a large king-size bed
- KIB Electronics multi-plex system with area switches & master touch controls above wardrobe & Smart Phone controllable via App
- Entertainment Center Package: 32” Samsung TV, High Performance JBL by Harman Aura In-Wall Media Center with JBL Sub-Woofer &JBL 6.5” Coaxial ceiling speakers. Media center function includes: FM, HDMI in & out, Bluetooth, Aux & USB
- LED Ceiling (dimmable) & Accent Night Lights
- Lagun Table
- Solid Surface Countertops
- Over Cabinet with Storage
- Water tank capacity; 30 gallon
- Grey holding tank capacity; 24 gallon
- Black holding tank capacity; 24 gallon
- LP tank capacity 12.2 gallon
- Rolled Aluminum wall tubing, welded structure bonded, Insulated and formed using .055 Aluminum Sidewall Skins bonded with Sika adhesive
- 16" O.C. Truss-style Aluminum rafter roof insulated with rolled fiberglass insulation and covered with 3/8" OSB then .055 Aluminum metal outer skin
- Interior panel substrate with Soft Touch, padded Material finishing Welded
- Exterior Storage Boxes; Steel boxes, powder coated black with rubber floor inlay
- Fiberglass front and rear Caps
- Automotive Tail lights
- (2) - 6v. Group 27 AGM House Batteries in under-floor Storage 400 AMP hours
- Dual pane frameless windows; Automotive design with openable section and screens
- MCD Day I Night Roller Shades
- Smart Plug - Detachable 30 Amp Power Cord
- Battery disconnect located in battery bay for ease of use
- 30 amp power distribution center with Converter/ Fuse Panel
- 3000 watt Xantrex inverter with charger
- Truma Cambi-Plus heater system with integrated water heater
- 15,000 BTU A/C
- Power vent fan in bathroom w/ Rain Sensor and Reversible function
- Exterior plumbing; Swan System multi-function system, ease of winterization and hookup
- Passengers Side and Rear Entry LED lighting
- Winegard Connect 2.0 with Wi-Fi, TV, AM/FM & Capable 4G LTE
- 400-watt total Solar Panel capacity
- 4-Camera system; (4) cameras; 1 front, 2 sides and 1 rear + display
- Lithium Battery System; 630 Ahr battery with 2nd alternator
- Cherry or Maple cabinet options
Interior Decor Options
- Platinum; Platinum dark grey tone fabric & infinity woven gray WW-4 flooring
- Sand; Sand tone fabric & infinity woven brown WW-2 flooring
Please see us for a complete list of features and available options!
All standard features and specifications are subject to change.
All warranty info is typically reserved for new units and is subject to specific terms and conditions. See us for more details.
Due to the current environment, our features and options are subject to change due to material availability.
Chinook had been one of the top names in motorhomes since its debut as Mair & Son, Inc. back in 1938. However, it was not until the early 1950s that mass produced motorhomes started hitting the road, only proving that Chinook RV has consistently been an innovative leader in the motorhome industry, which stayed true throughout the years. With the incorporation of fiberglass, Chinook was able to be one of the first companies to create a sleek and aerodynamic design; making Chinook one of the most sought after brands.
Due to Chinook’s early success, they began to further their use of fiberglass throughout the overall construction process. In 1971, the first one-piece all fiberglass shell had been successfully developed and this sleek body style revolutionized the entire RV industry and had customers trading in their boxy, gas guzzlers for the beautiful aerodynamic design.
Chinook’s unparalleled innovation set a tone in the market as the best brand in the nation for decades. However, no one stays at the top forever. The Great Recession in America hit hard and Chinook RV was forced to end production in 2005. By the following year, the doors were officially closed.
In a phone conversation in February 2011 with Chinook’s then owner Gary Lukehart, he stated the original manufacturing jigs and equipment were being kept in storage on his ranch in Yakima, “until a time when the economy may improve and someone may decide to make an investment to bring Chinook back.” Luckily, his patience paid off when he received a call from a man in Las Vegas. The online community of Chinook owners felt the ground shake as news broke that the rebirth of the brand was in progress. Phil Rizzio, the owner of several large U.S. dealerships, purchased most everything from Lukehart and took over the process of resurrecting the brand in 2013. After three years of hard work and dedication, the Chinook RV legacy was reborn.