Chinook Summit Motor Home Class B+ - Diesel
The Chinook RV Summit Class B+ diesel motorhomes are uniquely handcrafted with quality and style! These models will take you away from traffic, off the beaten path, to the creek, and through the mountains. Parallel parking on a city street will be a breeze too with their nimbleness and maneuverability!
"Unlike any motorhome in its class", "unique among its peers", and "elegant interior" are just a few of the raves rightfully given to these motorhomes. A Mercedes-Benz Sprinter chassis holds these units together and a 6 cylinder diesel engine powers them. With a gold level certification from Truma and all-season functionality, these units set a new standard for Class B+ motorhomes. Each unit has been rigorously tested in a cold chamber at -15 degrees Celsius overnight to prove they can withstand the cold winter months and even the hot summer days!
You won't have to worry about what time of year to go traveling in a Chinook RV Summit Class B+ diesel motorhome!
Standard Features (2022)
Standard Build Specs
- Chassis- Mercedes-Benz Sprinter 6 cyl diesel engine with: Comfort Package, Driver Convenience Package, Premium Plus Package (Intelligent Navigation), Lighting Package, Dual Rear Wheel Tires, Chrome Grill Package, Comfort Plus Package (Electric Seat Adjustment - DS & PS, Heated Drivers Seat), Swivel Seat Package
- Water Tank Capacity- 30 gallon
- Grey Holding Tank Capacity- 24 gallon
- Black Holding Tank Capacity- 24 gallon
- LP Tank Capacity- 12.2 gallon
- Dometic 6 CF black panel Dual-Swing Motion doors, Gas / Electric
- 1.1 CF 850 watt SS Sharp Convection Microwave
- Thetford single Induction Cooktop - Removable, for exterior cooking
- 2 Sofas in Livingroom which make into a large king-size bed
- Full Length wardrobe closet in rear of coach
- Steel Tubing, 2" x 4" welded assembly, mounted on rubber isolator pads
- Quadra 4-point Leveling (Bigfoot)
- (4) Alcoa 16" Aluminum, two front and two rear, inner rears steel with valve extenders
- Floor Structure- 3/4" HIP Huber OSB w/ Hushmat thermo barrier and moisture barrier on bottom, 25-year warranty
- Floor Covering- Infinity Woven Vinyl single sheet
- Manual flip down 300 lb rated folding step on rear bumper
- Rolled Aluminum wall tubing, welded structure bonded, Insulated and formed using .055 Aluminum Sidewall Skins bonded with Sika adhesive
- 16" O.C. Truss-style Aluminum rafter roof insulated with rolled fiberglass insulation and covered with 3/8" OSB then ,055 Aluminum metal outer skin
- Lauan interior panel substrate with Soft Touch, padded Material finishing
- Exterior Storage Boxes- Welded Steel boxes, powder coat black with rubber floor inlay
- Fiberglass front and rear Caps
- Mercedes-Benz Automotive Taillights
- (2) - 6v. Group 27 AGM House Batteries in under-floor Storage
- Dual Pane frameless Windows- Automotive design with openable section and screens
- MCD Day / Night Roller Shades
- Smart Plug - Detachable 30 Amp Power Cord
- Located in battery bay for ease of use
- 12v Power Distribution Center: Converter / Fuse Panel 30 amp power distribution center
- 2000 watt Xantrex inverter with charger
- Truma Combi-Plus heater system with integrated water heater
- Air Conditioner- 15,000 BTU
- Powered Vent fan in bathroom for ventilation w/ Rain Sensor and Reversible function
- LED Lights in Ceiling, dimmable
- LED Accent Night-Lights in Kitchen & Bath
- Solid Surface Countertops
- Solid Surface Shower
- Over Cab Cabinet in Front w/ Storage
- Entertainment Center Package INCLUDES: 32" Samsung TV, High Performance JBL by Harman Aura In-Wall Media Center with JBL Sub-Woofer and JBL 6.5" Coaxial ceiling speakers. Media center function includes: FM, HDMI in and out, Bluetooth, Aux and USB.
- KIB Electronics multi-plex system with area switches & master touch controls above wardrobe
- Swan System multi-function system, ease of winterization and hookup
- Passengers Side and Rear Entry LED lighting
- 13' Carefree Awning, Freedom wall mount series w/ LED Lighting
- Magnetic heavy duty Cab Shade System
Interior Décor Options
- Platinum Dark grey tone fabric & Infinity Woven Gray WW-4 Flooring
- Ashes Light grey tone fabric & Infinity Woven Gray WW-4 Flooring
- Etna Neutral tone fabric & Infinity Woven Brown WW-2 Flooring
- (4) cameras: 1 front, 2 sides and 1 rear + monitor display
- Trac-Vision RV1 Sat Sys
- King Control Wifi Max Router / Extender & Omni Digital OTA Black Antenna
- 400-watt total Solar Panel capacity
- Lithium Battery System- 630 Ahr battery with 2nd Alternator
Please see us for a complete list of features and available options!
All standard features and specifications are subject to change.
All warranty info is typically reserved for new units and is subject to specific terms and conditions. See us for more details.
Chinook had been one of the top names in motorhomes since its debut as Mair & Son, Inc. back in 1938. However, it was not until the early 1950s that mass produced motorhomes started hitting the road, only proving that Chinook RV has consistently been an innovative leader in the motorhome industry, which stayed true throughout the years. With the incorporation of fiberglass, Chinook was able to be one of the first companies to create a sleek and aerodynamic design; making Chinook one of the most sought after brands.
Due to Chinook’s early success, they began to further their use of fiberglass throughout the overall construction process. In 1971, the first one-piece all fiberglass shell had been successfully developed and this sleek body style revolutionized the entire RV industry and had customers trading in their boxy, gas guzzlers for the beautiful aerodynamic design.
Chinook’s unparalleled innovation set a tone in the market as the best brand in the nation for decades. However, no one stays at the top forever. The Great Recession in America hit hard and Chinook RV was forced to end production in 2005. By the following year, the doors were officially closed.
In a phone conversation in February 2011 with Chinook’s then owner Gary Lukehart, he stated the original manufacturing jigs and equipment were being kept in storage on his ranch in Yakima, “until a time when the economy may improve and someone may decide to make an investment to bring Chinook back.” Luckily, his patience paid off when he received a call from a man in Las Vegas. The online community of Chinook owners felt the ground shake as news broke that the rebirth of the brand was in progress. Phil Rizzio, the owner of several large U.S. dealerships, purchased most everything from Lukehart and took over the process of resurrecting the brand in 2013. After three years of hard work and dedication, the Chinook RV legacy was reborn.